Terms, Conditions and Policies
Welcome to The Greek Online School, the first Greek online school for people around the world to learn Greek. This “Agreement” represents the entire contract between you and the Greek Online School LTD. By visiting or becoming a customer of The Greek Online School you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use set out below.
By using services provided by The Greek Online School, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and the Terms, whether you simply browse the The Greek Online School website or you are a customer (which means that you have registered with The Greek Online School). The term “we” refers to The Greek Online School. The term “Material” refers to all class materials used in our classes. If you do not agree with all the Terms, do not use the Site.
Before you continue, you should print or save a local copy of this Agreement for your records.
Changes to these Terms
The Greek Online School has the right to modify this Agreement and any policies affecting the The Greek Online School Site. If you continue visiting or accepting services from The Greek Online School means that you agree with the Terms and Conditions of The Greek Online School.
Provision of the Services
We reserve the right to monitor the Services for purposes of determining that their usage comply with the Terms of The Greek Online School. In addition, we maintain an absolute right to review and remove Material transmitted through The Greek Online School that we believe is in violation of the law of these Terms. From time to time and without prior notice to you, we may change, expand and improve The Greek Online School Site and Services.
Rights of access
The Greek Online School offers you the right to access, use and display the content of this Site, provided that you comply with the The Greek Online School T&C. The materials of this Site are provided to you only for your private, non-commercial use. Certain services materials of The Greek Online School are available only to registered students of The Greek Online School.
Use of the Service
Your right to access and use The Greek Online School is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person. Your access and use of external applications related to The Greek Online School may be interrupted from time to time due to malfunction of equipment, updating, maintenance or repair. The Greek Online School has no responsibility for malfunction caused by external applications.
The Greek Online School has elected to transition its online conferencing platform provider from WebΕx to Big Blue Button. This decision has been made in pursuit of exercising comprehensive oversight over platform updates and the integration of new features, as well as to tailor the platform to align with the specific requirements of our academic programs.
The Greek Online School has no responsibility for any malfunction of any Teleconference Platforms used to perform our lessons. When and if the Teleconference Platforms are not operating properly, we will conduct the lessons via Skype. Please activate or sign up for a Skype account and share your skype ID with your teacher.
Intellectual Property Rights
All materials of The Greek Online School, including content, text, images, software, audio and video files, documentation remain at all time property of The Greek Online School or its suppliers. You may not post, distribute, translate or reproduce in any way any materials without the prior written consent of The Greek Online School.
Privacy and Security Policy
Any personal information or other information about you collected by The Greek Online School through, or in connection with, The Greek Online School is subject to our Privacy and Security Policy. We do not knowingly collect identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from that child’s parent or legal guardian.
Videos and Photos
- For quality control purposes The Greek Online School has the right to monitor classes by recording live lessons.
- The Greek Online School holds permission to use image, video, voice and creative work of students and children as part of its promotional campaigns.
- Image, video, voice and creative work of students and children will be used only after The Greek Online School receives parents’, guardians’ and students’ written consent.
- The Greek Online School will not allow students’ images and videos presented in promotional campaigns to be personally identified.
- If permission is revoked, every effort will be made to remove relevant media from distribution, however this may not be possible or practical in some situations
- If in the future you wish your image not to be part of any promotion please contact The Greek Online School for the video to be removed.
The Greek Online School posts customer testimonials which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to request to have your testimonial removed please contact The Greek Online School.
Chats and email
The Greek Online School offers users the option to post messages, use chat rooms, and find learning resources. Users are solely responsible for the content of these messages. In addition, by using the services of The Greek Online School, you agree to not publish, contribute or post any material that contains content which is not original or for which you have not received written consent or contains objectionable language. Messages and posts by users at The Greek Online School are not representative of the views of The Greek Online School or its employees and partners.
The free trial is available only to first-time users.
Fees, Payment Currency Options and Currency Rate Calculation Policy
At The Greek Online School we are committed to equal opportunities for everyone, ensuring it is accessible to all families, whilst providing high quality education. Whilst we aim to keep fees as competitive as possible, we carry out a review of our charges on an annual basis. Should it be necessary to increase the fees, you will be given the minimum of one month’s notice. We recognise that families have differing needs & therefore endeavour to meet the individual needs of all families.
All enrolled students shall have the privilege to make payments in a currency of their choosing, with the following currency options available: Euro (EUR), United States Dollar (USD), and British Pound (GBP). Calculation fees, charges, and currency rates for all financial transactions, including tuition fees, shall be calculated with reference to the British Pound (GBP) as the base currency. Currency rates shall be determined in accordance with prevailing market rates and financial regulations at the time of the transaction. Any fees or commissions associated with currency conversion shall be borne by the client.
- Parents/students are notified of the required fees by means of an invoice.
- Fees can be paid by credit, debit card, PayPal account or e-banking.
- We request 2 week’s notice before withdrawing your child. If notice is not given, we reserve the right to charge for this period.
- Fees need to be paid by the due date as shown on the invoice.
- Discounted lesson packages of 10, 20, and 40 sessions, full course need to be paid in advance.
- Failure to complete payment by the due date will result in The Greek Online School pausing your lessons until fees are paid.
- There are NO refunds/make-up lessons on unused lessons or lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
- Lessons cannot be transferred to another student.
- If you pay via E-Banking, please send us a receipt of the transaction, as overseas transactions might take 2-3 days or more to be fully processed.
- The Greek Online School guarantees that every credit & debit card transaction you make at The Greek Online School is 100% secure.
- Course fees are recurring and non-refundable after your purchase.
- Should you choose to take a break, unused lessons can be banked for you for a period of 6 months. Unused lessons after that time will be considered as forfeited.
- Lesson credits cannot be transferred to another student.
If you possess advance knowledge of dates on which you or your child will be unavailable to attend a lesson, kindly inform us at the time of booking and enrollment.
Class Details and Teacher Assignments
The class details and teacher assignments provided at the time of enrollment are subject to change by The Greek Online School at its discretion. While every effort will be made to maintain the original class structure and teacher, the school reserves the right to make changes for the benefit of all students. Such changes may include but are not limited to reassignment to a different teacher or modification of class schedules. The Greek Online School will communicate any such changes to enrolled students or their legal guardians as promptly as possible. Enrolled students and their legal guardians agree to accept any necessary changes to class details and teacher assignments made by The Greek Online School.
Starting October 1st 2023, the duration of all instructional sessions shall be modified from 60 to 55 minutes, with the intent of affording our educators a 5-minute interval prior to the commencement of their subsequent instructional session. This brief interlude shall secure a smooth transition from one session to the other and facilitate preparation of all scholastic assignments and materials pertinent to the ensuing session of the students.
All instructional sessions that are longer than 60 minutes , shall incorporate a mandatory recess of five minutes.
The 10 session-package includes a 5% discount of full course fees. The 20 session- package includes a 10% discount of full course fees. The 40 session-package includes a 20% discount of full course fees. All discounted packages are paid in advance.
Students paying per session need to complete the payment after the completion of each class or by the due date. Failure to complete payment by the due date will result in The Greek Online School pausing your lessons until fees are paid.
When you cancel a lesson
- Cancellation of a lesson must be made AT LEAST 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time in order to receive a make-up lesson.
- All cancellation or postponement requests must be made in writing.
- No-shows or failure to attend (e.g. for technical reasons) as well as failure to notify the teacher 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time is considered as a missed lesson and you will receive a recording of the lesson directly from your teacher. Recorded lessons will be available for you to watch for 1 week.
- The maximum charge rate of last minute cancellations is the fee of a 60min. lesson on the level of the student.
- There are NO refunds on unused lessons or lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
- Lesson hours cannot be transferred to another student.
- Regarding any cancellation issues, please contact our Administrative Coordinator via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exceptions will be made with respect to Holiday breaks, Christmas, Easter or any other holiday and special event of yours as long as your teacher has been notified
When Your Teacher Cancels
If the teacher needs to cancel the lesson with less than 24 hours notice, we can assign a cover teacher. In case there is no cover teacher available, we will offer you a make-up lesson plus a gift lesson on your account. For example, if you have prepaid for 20 sessions and your teacher has cancelled 1 session, then the total sessions on your account will be 21 instead of 20.
If your teacher needs to cancel a lesson and you are notified at least 24 hours before the lesson starts your will be offered a make-up lesson.
Make Up Lessons
- Make-up lessons will be scheduled at a time convenient to both the teacher and the student.
- Typically, make-up lessons take place at an alternate time/day within the week or after the completion of the course.
- Make-up lessons, not used after 3 months of the course completion, will be considered as forfeited.
- A make-up lesson can be booked with your teacher directly.